Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life's Uncertain Day By Thomas Love Peacock

THE briefest part of life's uncertain day,
Youth's lovely blossom, hastes to swift decay:
While love, wine, song, enhance our gayest mood
Old age creeps on, nor thought, nor understood.

http://www.thomaslovepeacock.net/shorter.html

I think this poem is trying to say that when you are young you have a lot of fun and then one day you just wake up and youre old. I don't agree with this because I think you know when you are going to get old. Maybe one day you wake up and find out you are going to have a grandchild and then you feel old but I don't think you just wake up one day and say, "today I feel old." Also, you will eventually realize you are getting old when you start to lose or sight or hearing. That might be crazy to think about when you are so young and you might not be expecting it. But, i do not think you wake up one day and feel older than you did the day before.

No comments: