Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tryin' On Clothes by Shell Silverstein

I tried on the farmer's hat,

Didn't fit...

A little too small -- just a bit

Too floppy.

Couldn't get used to it,

Took it off.

Tried on the dancer's shoes,

A little too loose.

Not the kind you could use

For walkin'.

Didn't feel right in 'em,

Kicked 'em off.

I tried on the summer sun,

Felt good.

Nice and warm -- knew it would.

Tried the grass beneath bare feet,

Felt neat.

Finally, finally felt well dressed,

Nature's clothes fit me best.

I chose this poem because i think it's really cute. It's rhyming scheme is AABB. The way the poem rhymes really contributes to the poem because it keeps the reader interested and it sounds good. I think this poem reflects Shell's personality because he write in ways that are geared more towards younger kids. I think this poem is funny because he was talking about how he tried on all these types of clothes and none of them fight right and then he tried not wearing and clothes or shoes and he felt very comfortable.

No comments: